Panel Discussion chaired by Alan Whitehead, MP Southampton
- Ceri Goddard, Director of Gender, The Young Foundation
- Scarlet Harris, TUC Women’s Equality Officer
- Lena Levy, Head of CBI’s (Confederation of British Industry) Labour Market Team
- The Baroness Margaret Prosser OBE, Member of the House of Lords
- Gill Rider, Chair of Council, University of Southampton.
Event coordinators: Susan Halford and Pauline Leonard University of Southampton
The 1968 strike by women machinists at the Ford car plants in Dagenham paved the way for UK legislation on Equal Pay (1970) and Sex Discrimination (1974). Over 40 years later how far have we come in achieving gender equality for in the work place and how far have we still to go? This policy commission presents the views of expert from politics, business, the trade unions, the third sector and international research organisations and analyse policy challenges and priorities for the next government.
Co-sponsored by Alan Whitehead MP and Caroline Nokes MP, this Westminster event includes an opening presentation by Susan Halford and Pauline Leonard of WFRC, a panel discussion chaired by Alan Whitehead MP an Audience Q and A and afterwards a drinks reception